Monday, February 10, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

I hate meal planning.  There I said it.  I also hate to cook, but I will save that for another post.  There is nothing worse than sitting down with your laptop on a Sunday afternoon leafing through thousands of Pinterest dinner ideas and recipes that people say are SO easy, but really require 10 of the weirdest ingredients you can imagine and boat loads of time to prep...no thanks.  To make it worse, it's even harder to plan meals that are {for the most part} nutritious enough for an 18 month old, and easy enough to cook while that same 18 month old is screaming to watch Elmo every five minutes.

Thankfully, my husband loves to cook, so he for the most part takes charge in the kitchen as long as I tell him what to make.  So that brings me to today's post, Meal Plan Mondays.  I've seen this topic on a number of blogs I read, and I think they're great when trying to meal plan in a hurry!  So, here is what we've prepped for this week's meals:

Monday::  Crockpot Onion BBQ Smacked Chicken

Tuesday:: Cornbread Casserole

Wednesday::  Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Thursday::  Stuffed Manicotti Shells

Friday:: VALENTINE'S DAY - We'll be ordering in (thank goodness)!

PS.  I've dedicated these posts to my sister, who everyday without fail, sends me a text message that reads "what are you having for dinner".  Sarah, these are for you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment