Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DIY Easter Garland

This past weekend I finally got around to taking down all of my Valentine’s Day decor.  Since I have and zero decor for St. Patrick’s Day (it’s not really a holiday anyway), I decided to skip right to Easter! 

One of my favorite things to decorate in my house is my mantel, and I like to do so with garland and banners. 

The other day, while shopping the Easter aisle at my local grocery store, I saw this bag of 50, brightly colored, plastic Easter eggs (on sale for $.99) and quickly snatched it up. 


Each of these eggs has holes in both the top bottom, so I decided to make my own Easter garland by stringing the eggs together! 


Here’s the finished product!  It screams spring, don't you think?



There you have it, just a simple way to bring a little spring cheer into your home!


Shared with:

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I made a similar garland for the mantle this year using paint samples! I posted it sometime in April I think.

    My favorite thing to decorate is the mantle too!

    ReplyDelete